CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 2...



Makenna is now a full day old! She was 7 lbs. and three ounces and was 21 inches long (tall drink of water like her father). Nicki is recovering very well from the surgery and I'm, well, overwhelmed! I have been amazed, anxious, nervous, worried, joyful and every other adjective in between. I can say two things for sure; I love my little girl and I'm extremely glad that I am a man!

We had a great number of visitors come by the room today (I know I didn't reply to everyone who wanted to come, I apologize!). Two of the most important people in my life, my Grandparents, came by to see little Makenna.



It absolutley made my day to know how pround they were of Nicki and I and to see the joy in their face. Although, I thought Armageddon may be arriving because my Grandpa held Makenna and even let me take a picture.




Her middle name, Alayne, is my Grandma O'Connor's name. When we moved to Anderson it meant that I wasn't able to see her as often as I would like, but now she will always be in my family, forever. I can't wait to fly to Seattle this summer and show her Makenna.

P.S. In case anyone was wondering, Makenna already told me that she despises the Patriots, Bill Bellicheat, Tom Brady, Phillip Rivers, The Boston Celtics, and Pac Man Jones (although she is a little afraid to admit it due to retribution). So, although she is a girl and girls are a mystery to me, I have her on the right track!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im guessing with her dad and our family she will get her fair share of pink colts stuff and learn quickly the Tom Brady and the Patriots are not very nice at all.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you have already taught her the most important life lesson: hate the patriots and all who are involved with them.